Who should attend
The course is primarily designed for people and organizations that are involved in painting work for the Coast Guard. However, the comprehensive nature of this course makes it an ideal tool for anyone interested in this subject.
- Fundamentals of corrosion
- Corrosion control
- Mechanical cleaning methods
- Abrasive blast cleaning
- Waterjetting and alternate surface preparation
- Surface preparation method selection
- Coating systems
- Coating application
- Inspection and check points
- Tank and void corrosion assessment and inspection
Benefits of attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Identify the steps required to achieve quality surface preparation and application
- Recognize the importance of coatings assessment
- Explain the inspector’s role in supporting Coast Guard activities through coatings quality assurance
- Describe the tools the inspector uses in quality control
- Lecture and discussions
- Demonstrations and workshops
- Course written final exam (closed book)
- Course practical exam
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual that includes copies of relevant standards.
The written exam consists of 100-question, multiple-choice exam. To receive a certificate and CEUs, you must attend all 40 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.